Thursday, March 13, 2014

Almost made it through the season, but alas the blasted FLU hit

Let's start off this week by saying that this winter has been taxing in many ways and it finally caught up to me. With great intentions I was able to unleash the new camper from it's wintery mooring with great intentions of heading North to the great state of Maine.  Once the camper was released and the sun was in perfect form for about the first time this year I jumped in the truck and hustled down to Watch Hill RI to capture the first of my winter sunset lighthouse pictures.

My goal is to capture as many coastal New England lights as I can before the spring blooms and tourist start to take over the landscape.  Here you can see that the lights without people crawling all around them really do have their own personality's.  Yes that was the last blog entry so enough with that for now.

I look forward to getting north over the next few weeks and grabbing some hopefully good shots to share.  While traveling I hope to spread the word to other Veterans that may need help in understanding the VA System and also what rights they have.  Who knows maybe I can point someone in the right direction to get an amazing pup like Iris even.


 As always here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog 


Some of the pictures that you see here obviously could not have been taken by me, a friend took them for me so if you have a chance to visit her site and check out her work she has some great nature shots.  One of the hardest things for a photographer is to get pictures doing what I do.  So Check out Maggies work at mstarr.zenfolio.com




Tomorrow the 14th I get to head west to Enfield CT to speak to the staff and everyone involved in the prison pup program fro the state of CT.  It is finally happening, they will be training VetDogs in CT very soon.  This program is amazing and changes the lives of so many people.  We have all seen first hand the change in me personally but I have been blessed with being a part of the programs in some of the MA prison systems.  Speaking to both inmates and staff you would be amazed at the changes these dogs invoke on people. I am so grateful that I am allowed to be a part of this program here in CT.

This means that in the very near future there will be puppy's that will need weekend homes to be loved and socialized in.  Stay tuned here on this blog or call and write VetDogs to ask what you can do to help make this program a success.  Not only will you help inmates find ways to find their way back into this society but let them have a first hand up in helping our nations hero's.

Here is the contact info for VetDogs:
Phone
(631) 930-9000
Email
Website





  As always here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog 

No comments:

Post a Comment