Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Busy time of year




As always here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog.

As the summer months begin so to the summer convention and conferences begin.  This is the time that we get an opportunity to get in front of larger groups to show first hand how service dogs change lives.  The coming weeks will have me traveling the road more then ever which is exactly why I wanted to get the RV decked out and ready for everything.  It is hard for some people to understand how nice it is to be able to use my own bed every evening while traveling and to be able to relax and see the country while enroute to meet these amazing people.  All I can say is that by not having to fly or deal with the daily grind of hotel security I am so much more relaxed and at peace.  Not only that I get to meet so many more people and introduce them to Iris and explain how she has changed my life.


A birdy told me that over the next few weeks I would be traveling to 4 or 5 events.  These events will have me cruising throughout New England and Western New York.  I personally am very much looking forward to Getting more involved with the leadership here in CT's American Legion this weekend.  Right after that is done I have an opportunity of a lifetime.  I have been invited to go down and be a part of the Warrior Trials taking place at West Point, NY.  This event invites disabled soldiers from all over the country to compete in all sorts of athletic events. 

I am looking forward to being there to not only spread the word to potential applicants for service dogs but also just be a part of such a great time where our nation is coming together applauding these hero's for all they do not focusing on what they can no longer do.  Life is about moving forward and this event is surely a stage to prove that nothing can hold someone down if they don't focus on the negatives that have been handed to them.

From there I will be trekking northwest to Syracuse for the NY State VFW convention, where I will be able to part-take again in a group that focuses on healing and moving forward. I had the pleasure of working with this group last year and their commitment to helping their fellow brothers is second to none and I am proud to be invited to be a part of their group.


After 8 days on the road I will head back home for some much needed time with the family. There will be a few day trips through the month of June as VetDogs places their first Puppies into the Prisons in Central CT, Yippie!!! This has been a longtime coming but is finally coming to fruition and we are all so excited.

As of now, the 4th of July plans are in limbo but I am sure as always things will come up and fill in as they are supposed to.  It never fails that I am placed in the right place at the right time to do what is needed.  They joy of being a messenger is I do not have to make the plans I just have to be willing to go when called.



So on a happy note our Son Dan, Graduated from College a few weeks ago and is moving on with his life.  He plans on getting married to an amazing young lady in 2015. More to come on that as the time draws near.  

Until then Jen and I have found another great beach camping site called Horseneck Beach State campground, we hope to visit there often and we are planning a few trips to New Hampshire also this summer for some mountain camping. 


As always here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment