Monday, September 1, 2014

The Iris Peanut Butter Kiss Challenge

The month of Aug was so busy I have jumped straight into September!  The month of September is National Service Dog Month So I wanted to do something special and out of the ordinary.  I know nothing I do is very ordinary but this time I think I really stepped out of the box for even me.


Consider yourself challenged my friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBl5C6IFH9s That link goes to my YouTube channel where Iris gives me a big ole kiss! Take a moment go check out the video if you have not seen it.  I am not a great videographer and was pretty tired when I made the video but I hope the point was made.  I challenge everyone to support America's VetDogs and help take this challenge Viral.  I figure if we can raise at least 50,000 dollars then we will have raised enough to support one dog team that is a Veteran and a dog like myself. 

A simple challenge $10 or $50 is all it takes and then challenge as many people as you want.  Don't let it die before we reach the goal.  

Now for the rest of the news.  Iris and I went to North Carolina to partake in the National American Legion Convention.  Wow did we have a great time this year!  I have to admit that now that I am getting involved with this great organization I am learning about all the activities the legion does and wish I had more time and energy.  To mingle with people from all over this great country and see how they are changing lives one person at a time is just wonderful.  Our country is still the greatest place in the world not because of our land but because of our people.  

We had the opportunity to speak to so many people about VetDogs while we were there that I actually lost my voice.  Now that is a first.  

The down side to the trip to NC is that we got news that My Mother in Law had to go in for surgery so we were blessed to have my wifed flown down in time to spend sometime with her prior to the surgery and I was able to drive across the state the day of the surgery and be there when she came out.  Things do work out when I let go and let God.  The good news is she is on the mend and all is good there.  My wife was then able to do the drive home with me which was much longer then I would have liked but traffic just seems to be getting worse now a days.  (maybe I am just getting older and less able to deal with it. )

We stopped on the way home at The National SeaShore which is where the pictures for this current blog were taken.  

The month of September I do not have much planned other then to promote the challenge which has already taken off and needs your support so please either go to my Facebook or Google + or the YouTube and link your Challenge Videos showing your Peanut butter kisses or a challenge where your donating $50 because you did not want to get the kiss!  Either way works as long as we keep the challenge rolling.  

Thank you all for being great Americans!





No comments:

Post a Comment