Monday, March 26, 2018

Today’s light

Today I feel moved in my heart to share how I’ve been touched by so many around me. I’m sitting at our legion post waiting on yet another veteran who I’m supposed to be helping guide, yet somehow they always seem to guide me to where I should be. They have a way of placing my heart back where it belongs.

A few years ago I realized that I had to give back because I had been given life back. So often throughout my life I had said the words “I live life one day at a time” yet my focus was never on today or the person in front of me that needed help. It was always on the prize at the end of the rainbow. That rainbow had to do with what was in it for me, not God, you or even the family. As I look back on life it’s the very reason I lost everything I was working for because when you put yourself ahead of you lose. 

It sounds so cliché but in reality it’s so simple that we has humans with the human condition fail to see it. I’m not real good at quoting scripture or even finding the right words at the moment I want it most of the time but over the past 3 years my focus has changed. With the change of focus somehow the words or actions when they were needed came not because I did anything but because God is in charge today really One Day At a Time. Myself left alone will pick the wrong path 90% of the time yet somehow today through prayer (which believe me is something that scare the daylights out of me if asked to do out loud) happens in spite of my poor decisions. 

2 Corinthians 4:1-4. Because of this, since we* have this ministry, just as we have been shown mercy, we do not lose heart, 2 but we have renounced shameful hidden things, not behaving with craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but with the open proclamation of the truth commending ourselves to every person’s conscience before God. 3 But if indeed our gospel is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they would not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Yesterday I had the privilege to go see a movie I knew nothing about. I had heard no reviews just that some friends were going and it would be a good one. So I did not question it I went. WOW talk about a blow your doors off make you sweat out your eyeballs and give you lots to think about after walking out the door! If you haven’t seen it, go! Don’t research it just go! I Can Only Imagine. That’s the name not going to tell you anything else don’t peek just go. It will be worth your time and money. 

So that’s my rant for today hope you enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment