Thursday, July 31, 2014

Explosive times for sure

Here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog.

The month of July has been packed with all sorts of activity that is for sure.  CT had their State Convention for the American Legion and it was the first time I actually went to one of these not just to advocate about Service Dogs but also as a member and a delegate.  This was an eye opener for me and also very enjoyable time.  So what did I take from it personally, are you all ready for this, I am not doing enough.  That's right, I personally need to do more to help other Veterans and Americans as a whole.  I have a voice and a talent with my photography so I will be offering up my services wherever possible to help our great country continue to be great.

Some of the things that I will be doing is I have volunteered to be the official photographer for the State Department meaning that when there are photos needed I will do what I can to capture and help the state Historian save the moments for our records.  The second weekend of Aug is a perfect example the Legion has a long history with Legion baseball and the Northeast Playoff's are being held in Middletown, CT so I will be heading over to shoot action photos in case anyone would like to ride along.  That same weekend just around the corner there is another event that will be a great time to stop in at if your looking for something to do and Baseball is not your thing.  The Legion Riders of CT are gathering in Meriden to have there kickoff picnic bash for their ride to the Nationals.  They will be raising funds for scholarships and other organizations.  Yes VetDogs is on the list of organizations they will be raising money for so come on out and support these patriotic riders as they prepare for this long ride to Charlotte, NC.

Here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog.

In the last Blog entry I spoke of my kids birthdays and now I have a son who is getting ready to leave the nest.  Oh how time flies.  I am so proud of both my children for all they do and just wanted to mention them here because they both have their own life but continue to find time in their own busy life to help support me in my mission to help raise awareness of veteran issues and helping others.  My son competed in the Granite State Strong Man Championships and took third place in his class.  This was the first time he had placed in an event like this and the best part was this particular event had picked America's VetDogs as one of the charities they were supporting this year.  Hats off to all that were involved and I am so sorry that my travel plans got messed up and I did not get back from a trip to Western PA in time to capture this all in pictures.  Next year!

The future for Iris and I looks so busy and that is a great feeling.  For those that get the old Military Channel now the American Hero Channel there is a Saturday morning show called Saving Hero's where they featured the dogs from America's VetDogs as Hero's.  Iris and I were interviewed a couple weeks ago for that and the show should be one of the next couple Sat mornings at 0900 in the morning.  Not to worry if you don't have the channel you are able to watch it online just google Saving Hero's AHC.  I am just so grateful that Iris is getting her due for the work she does.

We will be heading south to Charlotte NC for the National Convention so other then Facebook entries we will probably have a month again between now and the next blog entry.  Till then have a blessed time and enjoy the gifts you have been given.


Here is the info on the fundraising page for VetDogs Attention: I have a Personal Fundraising Page for VetDogs Now! Please follow this link and make a donation to help another veteran like me get a service dog.






No comments:

Post a Comment