Friday, May 31, 2013

Late but forgotten (many excuses)

Yes many excuses I am sure but the reality is I forgot. Lot's of things happening that have had Iris and I very busy. As mentioned in the last entry we did our planned trip to Smithtown, NY and had a great visit at the Foundation (America's VetDogs).

Some of the things we did while there were a good amount of video that hopefully will be linked to the upcoming website that will be put in place to track the travel adventures of Iris and I. We also spent a lot of time talking about how to tastefully decorate the camper so as to represent America's VetDogs Corporate Image while still giving me the leeway to show that this is a personal gift of giving to insure other veterans are able to get more dogs for the future. I can not wait to see what the designers come up with.

That is a shot of the Truck Camper combinations floating for the first time on the Bridgeport-Port Jefferson Ferry. One of the best parts of this setup is that Iris and I will be able to ride on most ferry's or other toll systems for the price of a regular vehicle because nothing hangs over the bumper. This makes it much easier for us to get to any and all locations even those remote locations so if you want to have an event for VetDogs please let me know and lets make it happen. 

For those that do not follow me personally on my other social media sites I will not be updating this blog next week due to medical issues. I will be in the hospital for a minimum of 4 days but hope to be out ASAP with a clean bill of health to resume traveling. The worst part of the trip to the hospital is that I will not be able to have Iris there with me. She will be allowed to come and visit but because it is a Cardiac Care Unit and I will not be allowed off the unit itself I will not be able to take care of her needs. So for her health and safety she will stay with family at home.

I had better get out of the hospital in the 4 days because the week after that little stay Iris and I will be up in Downtown Buffalo speaking at the New York State VFW convention. My personal plan is that I will get out of the Hospital and take a couple days and head to a quiet little campground in Southern New Hampshire called Pillsbury State Park and hope to get some pictures of some loons and moose to relax before heading off to Buffalo. 

As part of my getting ready for the upcoming adventures I have a new toy to play with, a 17-40 Canon L Series Ultra wide angle lens. I took a few shots with it yesterday of Iris and I think it will be a fun one to give a different perspective. Here are a few shots I took just playing around with the camera and lens outside.



As always be safe everyone and thank you all for following our travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment